- Download the app for iPhone or Android
- Click Get a Pass
- Select the pass or membership you want to purchase
- Once you've purchased your pass, go to the Hubway station you'd like to use and tap the station icon in the map
- Pick out your bike at the station
- Select "Unlock a bike" and a 5-digit ride code will appear on the screen
- Type the 5-digit ride code into any dock with an available bike within 30 seconds to unlock your bike
- When the light on the dock turns green, lift the bike by the seat to unlock it
- Enjoy your ride!
The first 30 minutes of each ride are included in your pass price, and you can ride as many times as you want while your pass is active! If you keep a bike out for longer than 30 minutes at a time, extra usage fees apply.
To end a ride, return your bike to any station with an empty dock. Insert your bike firmly into the dock, and wait for the green light to make sure it's locked.
To ride again, just request another ride code by tapping "Unlock a bike" again. You can ride as many times as you want while your pass is active.