Winners will be selected by our judges for each of the following five categories:
- Best Data Narrative: tells the most compelling story
- Most Insightful (or Inciteful): shakes up the current thinking about Hubway and bike share; reveals and provides the most intelligent and surprising learnings
- Best Data Exploration Tool: allows the user to interact with the data and uncover their own insights and results
- Most Artistic: visualizes the data in the most creative, different, and innovative way
- Best Overall Student: open to undergraduate college students and high school students who are at least 18 years of age by the entry deadline date
An additional winner will be chose in a sixth category, People’s Choice, to be determined by a public vote. Check back on April 12th to vote!
The winning entry selected by the judges panel in each category (all but People's Choice) will receive the following prizes (valued at over $1,200):
- Microsoft Xbox One with Kinect Bundle*
- Microsoft Xbox LIVE 12-month Gold Membership
- $75 credit toward a General Assembly Boston workshop
- 7 days of free B.GOOD via the B.GOOD Family App
- Bike-ready rain cape from Cleverhood's Classic Line
- $25 gift card to Club Passim music venue & restaurant
- Hubway Prize Pack: T-shirt, water bottle, annual membership, and a 10-pack of 24-Hour Passes to share with friends and family
- Plus $250 cash!
*Xbox Bundle includes: 500GB Xbox One Console, Xbox One Kinect Sensor, Xbox One wireless controller, Xbox One Chat Headset, and full-game downloads of Dance Central Spotlight, Kinect Sports Rivals, and Zoo Tycoon.
The winning entry selected by public vote for the People's Choice category will receive the same prize package as above but instead of the Xbox One Bundle & Xbox Live Gold Membership it will include:
- 128 GB Microsoft Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Type Pad
- Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse