Bike ridership in the Boston area has been increasing rapidly, and has doubled in the City of Boston since Mayor Menino launched the Boston Bikes program in 2007. With new bike lanes going in across the region, Boston has just been recognized as a Silver Award Level Bicycle Friendly Community by the League of American Bicyclists. With Hubway launching in Boston this summer, with an eye towards expanding into Boston neighborhoods and surrounding communities, there's no better way to get around Boston than on two wheels!
Looking for ideas on how to use Hubway?
- Run errands and skip the hassle and cost of parking.
- Get exercise on your way to work and save on trips to the gym.
- Head to your next business meeting using Boston’s greenest transit mode.
- Expand your lunch options by riding to nearby neighborhoods to grab a bite.
- Ride to a ball game (Red Sox, Celtics and Bruins games are all accessible on Hubway)!
- Visit your favorite nighttime hot spots.
- Enjoy the Boston Common